Hi. My name is Angela Scott and I’m a blogfest addict.
It’s true. I have an unhealthy desire (more like obsession) to enter each and every blogfest I find. I can’t help it. It’s just kind of happened. It started with me signing up for one small one—a first line blogfest. Then it snowballed into another—first paragraph blogfest. Then it moved to mystery clues and 100 word sentences, and now, here I am, signed up for four more—ALL AT ONE TIME.
I wish I could blame it on genetics, but my parents aren’t even sure what a blog is:
“A blog? That’s nice, dear”—pat on the head—“Nice you have a hobby. Good for you. Can you hand me my spectacles? The ones on the gold chain, dear? Ahh, you’re such a nice girl. Take from my side of the family, you do.”
My parents aren’t really that old. And they don’t sound like Yoda either. (Notice last sentence. Not sure what happened there).
Blogfest Signs to watch for:
1) A plethora of blogfest buttons on the side bar. (Me)
2) A follower of dozens and dozens of AMAZING blogs (Me)
3) Checks Twitter every . . . Okay, I’m back I had to go check . . . wait, I’m not going to tell you where I’ve been.
4) Denial and excuses. (I don’t do this).
So why am I obsessed? Perhaps the better question is: Why aren’t you? (Add music that makes me look smart and tricky here. Dun, dun, dunnnnn!).
Blogfests are brilliant! They unite the masses, allowing folks from around the world to participate in games that will bond us as a people. How do they do that, you ask? By making us get to know one another. Whoa. That’s deep. I truly believe, that it will be by blogfesting that the world will someday find the peace it desires, and that wars and rumors of wars will cease. Mark my words. It’s gonna happen. Celebrity singers will gather to record a single called, “Give blogfest a chance.” And guess who will be first in line to buy that record (Yes, record. Vinyl all the way,baby)? You guessed it—me *points to self*
This is the direction blogfests are heading. So, unless you want to be left behind, you better jump on board. Again, I quote the Black Eyed Peas, because they have a way of saying the words my heart wishes to convey, “I’m so 3008, you’re so 2000 and late.” You don’t want to be 2000 and late. Join the blogfests. Invest in world peace. Someday, I hope to host one of my own. Wow. I can’t believe I just said that—that’s the power of the blogfest, baby.
So today, I present to you my Bernard Pivot’s Famous Questionnaire Blogfest Entry:
1) What is your favorite word? Right now it’s iPhone (just got one and it’s Fab-U-lous)
2) What is my least favorite word? Kidney Stone (I know it’s two, but it’s one concept)
3) What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Music inspires me in all three cases. Every kind of music depending on my mood, or the scene I need to write.
4) What turns you off? Farts
5) What is you favorite curse word? Oh, boy this could get in trouble. I'm a Utahn. So, I only say things like Shoot and poop. But if you get me really angry, I've been known to drop a Gosh Darnit and Son of a Gun.
6) What sound or noise do I love? “Honey, you sit. I’ll make dinner.”
7) What sound or noise do I hate? “Honey, what’s for dinner?” (but farts is a close second)
8) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Painter/Artist (of course it would all be abstract art because I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I’d probably just finger paint large canvases. Art is in the eye of the beholder, right?).
9) What profession would you not like to do? The person who gives pedicures (see previous blog post. I really HATE feet. Really. Their nasty).
10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Hey, it’s Angela, everybody! She made it after all.”
Are you a blogfest addict? Wanna be? Check out my sidebar.