There is a popular trend taking place on Facebook where people are given a number and then they have to come up with that many random things about themselves to share. I liked two status' because the random facts these people shared were pretty darn awesome, and now I need to share 12 things about myself (one person gave me a 9 and the other gave me 3 for a total of 12). But why just post it on Facebook when I can blog about it, right? Sure. Why not? This will be easy.
Okay, this is not easy. Twelve random things about me that you may or may not know about? Hmmm...
1). My very first kiss was when I was 16 yrs old. I was standing on a step that lead into my house when the boy leaned in and planted a kiss on my chin. Yep. My chin. He missed, and then we were both too embarrassed to say anything or try again. We broke up a week later.
2) Some might find this rather gross, but since I've been eating them since I was a little kid it just seemed normal. I really like peanut butter and mustard sandwiches. Always have. I prefer them to peanut butter and jelly (which I really don't care for) or for peanut butter and honey. Give me mustard.
3) I LOVE Indian food. I could eat curry every day for every meal. I love, love, love it. My fav! Coconut curry is the BEST!
4) On my father's side, my relatives have crazy last names like Basaraba and Hlibichuk. My great grandparents Monica and William Hlibichuk had an arranged marriage and they couldn't really stand each other, but they must have liked each other enough to have 13 children. I know a few Ukrainian words, because my grandma liked to teach me. I'm not very good though. If you have any of these surnames, leave a comment, maybe we're related! Wouldn't that be cool. Shut up, it would.
5) I took three years of French in high school and enough in college to get me a BA instead of a BS in English. I even went to Paris, France for my 40th birthday and couldn't really say much other than BONJOUR (with a crappy American accent). Thanks a lot education!
6) Speaking of college, I only failed two classes in the four years I went. Just two. That's not bad. I failed math (math is HARD) and I also failed Discovering Nature because I forgot to wear my glasses to take the final so every bird that flashed on the big screen looked the same--like a black bird. Well, more like a black speck, but I assumed they were birds since that's what we'd been studying and watching through binoculars all semester long. I failed BAD.
7) Speaking of nature, I don't really enjoy camping. Not really. Even more so now that I'm married and have kids. To me, it's not a vacation. It's just doing the same stuff I do at home--cooking and cleaning--but now I'm dirty and have to sleep on the ground. I don't mind nature. It's pretty. But I'd rather enjoy it from a nice decked out cabin or RV (of which I own neither).
8) I hate feet. Their nasty. I don't like touching them or anything. Yuck.
9) When I was a teen, I had three piercings in one ear and four in the other. They hurt. They hurt a lot. I used to have to fold my pillow in a U shape so I could sleep at night. I took out the most painful ones after I met my husband when I was 21years old. I guess I figured it was time. Now I only wear one pair of earrings and even then it's quite rare.
10) I've been to several concerts of all varieties. Just goes to show my love for music is all over the board. Let me see if I can list them: Depeche Mode, Erasure (twice), The B52's, Nine Inch Nails, Billy Idol, Natalie Merchant, The Cranberries, Garth Brooks, Howard Jones. I haven't been to a concert since 1994. The one person I would love to see in concert would be PINK. I think she'd be great. UPDATE: I also went to see U2 just a couple of years ago. My husband reminded me of this.
11) If you looked inside my closet, you'd see a whole lot of black and gray. Black is my favorite color followed by, yep, you've guessed it, gray. I'm not a huge fan of color. I do own a bit of red and a splash of yellow, but soooo little of it. I prefer black and have for years. Color is just too... colorful.
12) And finally, for number twelve *drum roll please* I have kissed only four boys/men in my life. Just four. And of those four, three have grown up, moved on, and are now happily gay men. One is happily married to his partner, another is in a serious relationship, and the third hasn't been proven to be gay, but I'm quite certain of it. Like 97% sure. How's that for a track record? But it doesn't matter. Number four turned out to be a keeper and we've been married for almost 20 years now. So instead of kissing toads to find my prince, I guess I had to kiss several gay guys to find mine.
So how was that? It was only a little painful on my end. If you want to play this game too, just leave a comment and I'll give you your magical number. I'd love to pop over and read more about ya :) If you want to leave a comment, but don't want to play the game, then say DON'T GIVE ME NO STINKIN' NUMBER! I HATE THIS GAME! and I will respect your wishes.