1. Don't give up.
2. Don't EVER give up.
3. Giving up isn't an option. (I gave this 3 steps because it's SO important to achieving success).
4. Hold onto the dream. Hold it tight.
5. Make realistic goals and go for it. Once you achieve that goal, move to the next goal. Take it in bite size steps.
6. Remember you're a writer first and foremost. You can't achieve writing success if you don't write. So write.
_7. Remember, why you write. Remember the joy.
8. Success will not fall into your lap. Put in the work. Give it all you have.
9. Don't measure your success against anyone else. Success is subjective anyway. Create your own definition.
10. Remember, overnight success takes ten or more years--for almost EVERYONE. (Those who do achieve overnight success don't count. We hate those people. They're not even real people anyway. AND, those people only account for roughly 1% of the successful people out there. The other 99% never gave up and worked hard to get where they are).
What is your goal for this week--make it realistic. Please share in the comment section below. Not only will this cement your goal in your mind, but help others to set realistic goals for themselves.
My realistic goal: write another chapter on Survivor Roundup. I'm stuck, but I will plow through and write it. I can do it. If I can get my mind to cooperate and write that stinkin' chapter, then I will feel successful. (Bite sized success).